I’ve learned to practice myself in little things.
- A good night’s sleep: 7-8 hours
- The morning walk: 90 minutes
- A slow drink of room temperature water: 1 hour
- Warming the voice, stretching the range: 30 minutes (Humming and yawn-sighs, 20 minutes. Tongue twisters, facial exercises and sung scales, 10.)
- Finger stretches: hold for 30 to 60 seconds and then release.
I do them first, and then I enter my studio, that sacred space, and I love the technology that lets me put a little “ahhh” into the microphone an inch away.
And now this lovely thing wafts through the house. A hover like grace appears.
Little things are such big things.
“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones.”Luke 16:10